6.3.14


Moby Dick - Kiara Mucci (Digital print from Original Drawing) 2014

There is a nice pleasure in making art that you yourself really enjoy looking at.

I'm trying to keep this simple approach in mind now whenever I draw or work on new prints. 

I feel like you can tell when a song, artwork or building has been made from a place of self-expression and joy rather than as an expression of "what you imagine other people will like and praise". (Which is such an easy rut to fall into, and one I constantly struggle with.. not just in artmaking!)

I can tell when I've made something beautiful if I enjoy looking at it over and again, something that brings a bit of happiness and calm to my house.

For me, this whale illustration is one such artwork. I really like it.
(It's nice to say that sometimes.)



1 comment:

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Wise words and I can see why you like this piece. I do too.