12.8.13


There's a beautiful Magnolia tree in bloom that I pass almost every day on my walk to the station. It stops me in my tracks every time, particularly now that luminescent leaves are starting to sprout from buds on the ends of the lovely curving branches. I've always wanted to snip off a flower to take home and put in a jar but then usually think twice about it. The other day my beautiful friend Kyla came to visit and brought me a flower from that same tree, just because she knew I would appreciate it.

It was so simple and thoughtful, and got me thinking about the joy friends bring. I feel so grateful to have friends (including family of course, I'm lucky there) that "get" me, and vice versa. It's something that I really appreciate in particular this year- friends who can share in the vulnerability of life as much as in the joy, who enjoy the simple things (food, walks, good books), who are open and kind and warm-hearted. I feel insanely lucky to be surrounded by these wonderful humans. They really make life a lot better.




  {our delicious breaky after passing the Magnolia tree} 


{ The sweet cinnamon girl herself. }

3 comments:

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Lucky, indeed. Enjoy your flower, your dear friend, and your walks past that lovely tree.

yianni said...

I didn't know you could eat Magnolia trees! (Then I read the caption :) )

themuccibird said...

Weird you should say that Yianni.. I'm pretty sure the flowers are actually poisonous, lucky you read the caption!