27.11.12

Bits of lives.


 I love finding old postcards and photos in op-shops. Especially ones with writing on the back.
They are rare little glimpses into someone's life: a time, a person or a place that was as familiar and as important to them as our lives are to us now. There's something so beautiful, fleeting and bittersweet about them. Here are some I found last weekend, after rummaging for a good half hour through a whole box of photos and postcards in a local vintage shop..
The little cottage amongst the pines, at the Hotel at Taupo. 
We had this to ourselves. Note Rupert & the Rickenhacker.
 
I love how it says "Note Rupert & the Rickenhacker" (as if you could miss them!).

Rupert was posing for this when a crowd of girls suddenly appeared up on a rock 
right above him & about ten feet away. Naturally he smiled & I caught it. 

Oh Rupert.

Leo (?) & I taken at the "Blue Hole", Glenbrook.

So sweet.

I will definitely be going postcard-hunting again soon.

No comments: