4.4.12

snippets from my home.

 Some snippets from around the place. 
{ I've worn that red-wine coloured dress everyday since I bought it. }

 I've been living in a lovely little house since the beginning of the year that some very kind friends passed on to us to rent when they bought their first home. It's near the sea, has a big grassy yard perfect for having friends around for apple cider during the day & stargazing at night. I feel absurdly grateful to be living here, to be able to continue to enjoy living between mountains and the ocean, to be able to step out the gate and get knocked over the head with that refreshing, shocking clarity that seems to come with walking alone in a beautiful place (and also from ocean swims).

I never cease to amaze myself with my ability (let's call it an annoying knack) to focus on 'what's going wrong' at the expense of overlooking everything good, humbling and wonderful in my life (and there is a lot of it). The only thing for it, when it happens, is to catch myself then start again.


I like my home, a lot. And I love the people who come in and out of its doors.
They come bearing pear and chocolate cakes (thanks Paige), funny/embarrassing/weird stories, book recommendations, freshly caught fish, Greek cheese, artworks, counselling skills, and a shared love of talking over peppermint tea. They are all pretty wonderful human beings, and they help me remember what's good and important and true the (many) times that I forget.

No comments: