17.5.10

love in a cold climate.






I like sites like the Sartorialist, but Hel Looks inspires me in a different way- it's almost the online equivalent of people-watching. The faces are as interesting as the clothes. They don't look like generic hipsters. And most of all I love that it doesn't make me want to copy an entire look piece-for-piece, but that it just gets me to think more about expressing myself regardless of whatever trend or must-have is being touted. They also have extremely cool stories behind their clothes, and the vast majority are second hand- EXCELLENT. :-)

I'm not buying new clothes anymore, and seeing the way people pull these looks together suddenly makes the (sometimes daunting) task of using the stuff I already have seem like a fun, creative thing.

No comments: