19.5.10

just like starting over.

Today the ocean looked lighter than the sky and everything was cold and crisp and sharp because of the winds last night.


Lately it feels like I've been thinking too much and spending so much time living in the confines my own head that it stops me from living in a loving way towards others.

I know it's something I'll always struggle with but every now and then it just hits me really hard, and I feel like starting everything all over again. Shaking free from acting in a way that's just automatic.

And I really REALLY don't want to live my life on automatic..I want to be present and mindful to make conscious choices about the way I treat other people. Especially because in these rare moments of clarity I realise in feeling, and not just in thought, how much I love the people in my life. And how I could extend that love to all people if I tried.

Admittedly, this a bit of a vague rant but it's really just how I feel at the moment. I can't say that thinking about this sort of thing necessarily makes me feel "good", but I definitely feel that it's necessary somehow. These are the times that I actually make changes for the better, so I appreciate feeling this way, even though it's saddening.

I find solace in words such as these:



Hopefully you can get something out of them to.

No comments: